Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site.
1. These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.lowsteads.co.uk ("our site").
Who we are and how to contact us
2. www.lowsteads.co.uk is a site operated by a partnership between Louise Forsyth, James Forsyth and Margaret Forsyth, which trades as “Low Steads Farm and Holiday Cottages” ("We").
3. To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone us on 01665 577623.
By using our site you accept these terms
5. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
6. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
8. If you book accommodation using our site, our Booking Terms and Conditions will apply to the bookings.
9. We use SuperControl to manage our online booking process. We have a written contract with SuperControl to ensure that they will process your data on our behalf in compliance with all applicable data protection laws.
We may make changes to these terms
10. We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated in March 2021.
We may make changes to our site
11. We may update and change our site from time to time.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
12. Our site is made available free of charge.
13. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this agreement to someone else
15. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
Our site is only for users in the UK
16. Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must keep your account details safe
17. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
19. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use material on our site
20. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
21. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others to content posted on our site.
22. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
23. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
24. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
26. The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
27. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date. All images on our website, and in other promotional material, are for illustrative purposes only.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
28. Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated content is not approved by us
29. This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
How to complain about content uploaded by other users
30. If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please email email@example.com.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
31. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
32. Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the provision of accommodation to you, which will be set out in our Booking Terms and Conditions.
If you are a business user:
33. We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
34. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
a. use of, or inability to use, our site; or
b. use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
35. In particular, we will not be liable for:
a. loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
b. business interruption;
c. loss of anticipated savings;
d. loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
e. any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
36. Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
How we may use your personal information
37. We will only use your personal information as set out in our privacy notice.
Uploading content to our site
38. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with these terms and conditions and any additional content standards that we apply .
39. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
40. Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
41. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
42. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with these terms and conditions or our content standards.
43. We do not store terrorist content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
44. When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content in connection with the service provided by the website and across different media including to promote the site or the service forever.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
45. We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
46. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
47. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
48. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
49. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
50. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
51. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
52. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
53. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects these terms and conditions and any content standards that we apply.
54. If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
57. You are not permitted to use our logo without our approval, unless it is part of material you are using as permitted under these terms.